Last Updated Friday, May 29, 2020
The Lord only gives us one day at a time and only God knows what each one day will bring. Today is the day that we have been given. Even though it is indeed an unusual time for our Homewood family as well as the world, “…let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118.
Our Reentry Team continues to work through a multiple stage approach presented last week by following the guidelines and restrictions of federal, state, and local government agencies in pursuit of the best health possible within our community. While we are eager to be together again as a family, we want to be prudent in how we return to our communal life. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
As a reminder, we are in Stage 1 (Building closed, Campus outside space open for use with restrictions). We will continue to worship via live stream and encourage you to join us there. Please email Misty Cuthbert at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve outside space. Connect groups are encouraged to continue finding creative ways to meet.
The plan to enter Stage 2 (Building open for limited use by small groups with restrictions) is scheduled for no sooner than June 14, 2020.
Guidelines for Stage 2 are as follows:
1. Maintain social distancing in seating arrangements for each room, limit contact, consider wearing facemasks, limit touching of surfaces, clean hands frequently.
2. The following rooms will be available for small group use: Chapel, Room 113, Tri-room, Gym, Student area, Fireside room.
3. MUST reserve each room with Misty Cuthbert
(email@example.com) to be added to the calendar, preventing too many groups being in building at one time.
4. Specific entrances/exits will be designated for each room location. Each group is asked to remain in its designated room and not “roam the building” or visit other rooms.
5. Proper sanitation will occur each week. Users of the room will be asked to clean/wipe down tables, chairs, door handles, and any other touch points before and after use with cleaning supplies provided by Homewood.
6. Kitchens are not available for use and we are asking that no food be brought into the building.
7. Limit number of people in restrooms at one time.
8. No water fountain use.
9. Gathering times will be limited.
10. No tech arts equipment provided (tv carts, etc.) by the church during this time.
A staged approach is being taken toward a return to
normalcy. Listed here are the stages.
Homewood’s Reentry Plan
Stage 1 - Building closed with current
streaming worship continuing, Campus outside space open for use with restrictions
Stage 2 - Building open for limited use
by small groups with restrictions
Stage 3 - Building open for regular
use, common worship with restrictions and no classes
Stage 4 - Building open for regular
use, common worship with adult classes with restrictions and no children’s classes
Stage 5 - Building open for regular
use, common worship with adult and children’s classes with restrictions
Stage 6 - Building open for regular
use, common worship with adult and children’s classes without restrictions
we are in Stage 1. The guidelines
for this stage are immediately in effect. They are listed below.
Stage 1 - Building closed, Campus outside
space open for use with restrictions
for Homewood church family:
Continue with current streaming worship
Connect Groups encouraged to continue meeting via online methods
If a group would like to meet in person
- Encouraged to do so safely
- Observing physical distancing
- Limiting contact
- Wash/sanitize hands
- Wear masks if/when appropriate
for use of outside space:
Follow the gathering number guidelines of the state, CDC, White House, etc.
Continue to maintain social
distancing in seating arrangements (no more than 50 people at least 6 ft. apart).
Follow city of Birmingham ordinance regarding facemasks, effective Friday, May
- Must be worn when encountering and interacting
with groups of other people in a park or other public place - for ordinance
details visit; https://www.birminghamal.gov/2020/04/28/city-of-birmingham-to-require-face-coverings-effective-may-1/
- Face covering is required
- Must cover the nose and mouth
- To be worn at all times by people over the age
of two and can medically tolerate
- In all public places within the City of
- Types of coverings
- Medical grade masks are not required
- Scarves or bandanas
- Made at home cloth face coverings
Building will remain locked
- No access to restrooms or kitchens
- No chairs, tables or utensils will be available
from the church building
Playground is closed
All chairs, tables, utensils, hand sanitizer or other cleaners, etc. must be
- Must be reserved in advance
- Email Misty Cuthbert at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve
- Organizers, leaders and participants must agree
to follow safety protocols and procedures
- Courtyard and lower field are available for use
- Playground is closed until further notice